Total Knee Joint Replacement
What is Causing Your Knee Pain?
An estimated 91 million people in the U.S. have some form of arthritis.2 Osteoarthritis, the most common form of arthritis, is a disease where cartilage covering the bones wears down over time. In the knee, this results in one bone rubbing against another bone, causing pain and reduced motion.
What Can You do About it?
Osteoarthritis is degenerative, meaning it only gets worse. So it is critical that it’s treated as quickly and effectively as possible.
Medication, injections, water therapy (ice/hot packs), physical therapy and other conservative methods can help manage pain and stiffness associated with osteoarthritis.
Knee replacement surgery is a viable option that alleviates pain and improves mobility, by replacing damaged bone and cartilage. Choosing an ideal knee replacement is essential to getting back to the activities that you love much sooner.
How Could Knee Replacement Benefit You?
- Relief of arthritic pain and discomfort
- Improved mobility in your knee
- “Greater” freedom and confidence to do everyday activities, compared to pre-operitavely, including walking and climbing stairs.
How Does Knee Replacement Work?
Knee replacement is a surgical procedure that replaces diseased joint surfaces with that implants that simulate a healthy knee.
Before total knee replacement, patients will often undergo a pre-operative physiotherapy and weight loss program. After surgery, a post-operative exercise regimen helps them regain range of motion, strength and stability
For more information about knee replacements surgery and why the ATTUNE® Knee System is right for you, download our brochure.
1. Clatworthy, M. (2015). An Early Outcome Study of the ATTUNE® Knee System vs. the SIGMA® CR150 Knee System. DePuy Synthes Companies White Paper. DSUS/JRC/0814/0418(1). In hospital study
involved 40 ATTUNE Knee vs 40 SIGMA Knee patients.
2. Arthritis Foundation. Arthritis By The Numbers: Book of Trusted Facts & Figures. Arthritis Foundation; 2018. https://www.arthritis.org/ arthritis-cure/scientific-facts/.